Saturday, April 26, 2014

Suffering

Look, I've gone through life trying to help people, and sometimes it's just gotten me in a lot of trouble myself. And it's hard to know that something terribly wrong is going on with a loved one, and they don't see it. It's like cutting your own hand without realizing it. And not even checking if someone tells you it's happening. One common thing, so many different people with different personality traits have said this. And these are words that I just hate hearing.

"You just don't understand" 

Two of my closest friends have told me this in the past month. You know what? most of the time I do not know the pain they are feeling in that situation. But the thing that pains me the most about those words, is the fact that they just gave in to blindness. They just turned to deceiving themselves into believing that they are special, and that no one can help their miserable little life. 

I don't mean to be talking down to these people at all. I do love to help. But one thing I've come to realize about these people, is that they have no idea what they are saying. Basically it's saying "You don't know what it's like to suffer" Is that true? Of-freaking-course it's not! Everybody knows what suffering feels like. 

It's just our own bitter demise that temps ourselves into believing that we are experiencing a special kind of pain. Pain is a heavy load, but you know what? When friends,  and family are offering to help even out that heavy load, I'd let them. Bilbo says it very well, in lord of the rings. "I feel like butter being scraped across to much bread" 

The other thing, is that we have to be open to suffering. Suffering is something that we all must encounter before we reach our final destination. It's literally impossible to go through life without some amount of pain, or suffering. But does it help to know that there is someone up in the sky, who knows what is best for you? yes, and knows that you'll enjoy the results of this suffering much more than anything you could dream up on your own. How does he know? It's easy, he created you for that purpose! 

I see suffering as a challenge, is like a test that God is giving us. Just so see how well we push through, and if we still have faith; and if we glorify his name. Why on earth would you want to fail this test? Heck, I wouldn't. Whenever I feel like I'm suffering, I'm usually quick to remind myself how much pain, and suffering Jesus went through when he died on the cross. Very very little pain in reality. We should be very grateful. 

Hmmmm....

How am I going to leave you with this? Try to be more open when you feel emotional pain. It might up to share the pain your experiencing. And I'm not saying you should go around telling strangers your sad story, I'm saying that when someone lends a hand, go ahead and take it. 

Wake up and leave your one person pity party! There is a God who loves you. 

Psalms 34: 17-18 "The righteous cry out, and the Lord hears them; he delivers them from all their troubles. The lord is close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit." 

My name is Jonathan, I belong to him. 

No comments:

Post a Comment