Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Anchors of distant contrast

I've lived on this world for 18 years now, and one of the things that I've noticed bugs me the most, is the separation of church denominations all over the world. It's not so much getting worse these days, but it's just more accessible, with the internet. One pastor can't speak to another pastor for such and such reason, and the whole church gives that church a cold shoulder.

While reading a facebook debate between two Christians about who even knows what (Why am I reading? Because I'm human). I notice an argument between two Christians of different beliefs could go on forever. Like a two football coaches of different NFL teams, yelling at each other about who can do the most push-ups, without actually doing push-ups. Why no push-ups? Cause when I see these debates I rarely see any of these people bring up scripture in a debate.  

"You are my refuge and my shield;
I have put my hope in your word."-Psalms 119:114

Why does this bug me? Because I'm a peace keeper, I hate conflict and any kind. So I resorted to this magical book of wisdom that I like to refer to as ""The Bible" (Some people put "Holy" between "The" and "Bible"). Nonetheless, It's still the Bible. Whether you use your phone, or the actually book is irrelevant, It's still scripture. And if it did rack up points with the big guy, we'd have a lot more people walking around with thousands of scrolls in wagons while wearing robes and sandals.

This popped up on my "Verse of the day" application the other day, it was kind of ironic, so decided to launch it.





"May the God who gives endurance and encouragement give you the same attitude of mind toward each other that Christ Jesus had,so that with one mind and one voice you may glorify the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ." -Romans 15:5-6



Notice how we are all to have the same attitude of mind toward *GASP* Each other?!?!?!? I don't think that meant that we we're to bicker more about who's getting the biggest share of heaven. I think that's saying we're to be more united, as one voice.

Now if you're about to start pointing fingers as to who started the argument, then put that sorry little finger back in your pocket, I've got a verse for that too!

"What, then, shall we say in response to these things? If God is for us, who can be against us?"-Romans 8:31

So Who can be against you when the creator of the universe is for you? No one.

I'm Jonathan, and I belong to him.



1 comment:

  1. Amen Brotha'!
    "Blessed are the Peacekeepers, for they shall be called Sons of God." Matthew 5:9
    Fives to the peacekeepers.

    ReplyDelete