Monday, April 7, 2014

I belong to him.

Last night was my last performance of my last show I will probably ever be in. And I look forward now to college, or I'm trying to at least.

As I'm singing the last song, I look out into the audience and see my mom, almost in tears, as this is her last curtain call from her line of six kids. I made her proud, I can tell cause she was crying. Looking around at all my friends I've made in the past four years here in this drama group. They are all smiling and rejoicing God's name.

As the song finishes, the lights go down. I look over at my friend, who played the main character. I give him a hug. He doesn't see the tear in my eye, but I let him know that he is going to be missed. Walking off the stage two of the girls who played big parts give me high fives, and a pat on the back. This just sent me through it all.

I felt my lip curl over and my eyes start to water, i quickly escape to the bathroom and pull myself back together. Leaning over the sink I look at myself, and suddenly I see a man before my eyes, It was a moment of realization for me, that I had grown up, and I have responsibilities now. My life was before me, and it is up to me, to follow God's plan and glorify his name along the way.

I have faith in myself to follow God. Now I know I'm not very good at writing, science, or math. But one thing I absolutely love is helping people, talking to people, and encouraging people. I have no idea where i would be be without God guiding me, and my words, when my friend come to me for help.

Another thing I'd like to talk about is my parents. They home schooled six kids willingly. And I was a surprise child, being born five years after my next youngest sister. And my parents have home schooled for 26 years. That very well could have been 21 when my sister graduated, and put me in school. But thank God that they didn't. I don't have anything against the public school system. I just like home schooling better. And it has given me time in my own life to invest in my friendships, music, family, and photography. All things I love.

I must say, to God. I can't thank him enough for all he's done for me. And a line from the play that strikes me through the heart, is that "I belong to him" It gets me every time. He's given me his life on the cross. And it only makes sense that I'd pay him back with my life as well. I can't even express how thankful I am for my King, who has done so much for me. It makes me emotional just thinking about it. My life is before him, as well as it is before me. It's just that he knows more than I do. Which, if you think about it, is pretty freaking awesome.

My name is Jonathan, and I belong to him.






No comments:

Post a Comment